Outstanding Student Awards
The ASU Office of Ceremonies invites ASU faculty and staff, or representatives of a community service organization, to nominate a graduating ASU student for this year’s Jose Ronstadt Outstanding Undergraduate Award and/or the Ed Pastor Outstanding Graduate Student Award.
Award recipients will be recognized during the Hispanic Convocation virtual ceremony.
Honorees will be selected based on the following:
- Academic achievements/recognitions (honors, scholarships, awards)
- Community engagement/service & activities in the community while at ASU
- Leadership/engagement in ASU organizations
Nominations due by Friday, October 29, 2021 by 5:00 P.M.
Supporting Documentation from Nominee due by Monday, November 8, 2021 by 5:00 P.M.
An ASU faculty member, ASU staff member, or community member may nominate an ASU student graduating that term. The Nominator submits the nomination online.
Then, the Hispanic Convocation office will contact the Student Nominee with instructions on how to complete the nomination.
The Student Nominee must complete the nomination by submitting the following:
- Complete Nominee Background Form
- Submit an unofficial ASU transcript
- Submit one (1) recommendation from faculty, staff or community leader (not the Nominator)
If all documentation for the nomination is received by deadline, the nomination is forwarded to the review committee.
Click the link below to proceed:
Submit a nomination for a student
Student Nominees go here for more information
Submit a recommendation on behalf of a student nominee
Should you have any questions, please call the Hispanic Convocation office at (480) 965-8889 or send an e-mail.